Amundi boosts MinVar range with global equity launch
The French giant has launched its first global equity minimum variance fund.
by Atholl Simpson on Nov 20, 2012 at 13:05
Amundi Asset Management has launched the first global equity fund of its minimum variance range.
The Amundi Funds Equity Global Minimum Variance fund will invest two thirds of its assets in stocks included in the MSCI World index and seeks to outperform this benchmark over a five-year horizon.
The goal of the minimum variance approach, part of the firm's NextGen strategies, is to offer a solution to investors seeking to limit the overall absolute, rather than relative risk in their equity portfolio.
The manager and his team select quality stocks from their universe and using quantitative tools, rate each stock according to volatility and correlation in order to minimise the volatility of the portfolio.
Commenting on the launch, Dechelette said: 'Amundi’s Minimum Variance management technique now has a successful three-year track record within a European equity universe.
'Using the same investment approach, this new fund offers investors a highly diversified exposure to global equity markets with the aim of capturing the potential upside while controlling risk.'
Over the last three years, the Amundi Funds Equity Europe Minimum Variance fund has returned 36.5% while the MSCI Europe TR has risen 26.5%.
Today's top headlines
- Global viewpoints: how are fund pickers tapping high yield?
- State Street's global equities chief to exit in major shake-up
- Bernanke's bombshell: top managers split on QE tapering comments
- MFS’s Swanson on Merkel, shale oil and the US ending QE
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Amundi selection chief takes a quantum leap
- New fund selection boutique launched on French market
- Amundi bolsters Alt Ucits volatility fund range with new launch
- 'The financial crisis is all but over,' says Amundi's global equity chief
- Top rated manager joins Amundi
by Citywire Research Team on Jun 20, 2013 at 10:22