Comgest snaps up Macquarie's EM equity manager
From heading Macquarie's equity strategy in Singapore, the veteran manager relocates to Paris, reporting to Vincent Strauss.
by Emily Blewett on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:55
French firm Comgest has hired Emil Wolter to manage funds within its emerging markets team based in Paris.
Wolter joins from Australian asset manager Macquarie's Singapore office where he was head of strategy for Asian equities. Now reporting to Comgest's veteran emerging market manager Vincent Strauss (pictured), Wolters will move to Paris in the first half of next year.
Citywire Global understands that the team has no planned launches of further funds for the emerging market equities team.
In 2007, Wolter ranked third out of 157 managers in the Asia Pacific ex Japan sector, according to Citywire data.
Today's top headlines
- Emerging markets' divi culture is growing, says income manager
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
- RAM eyes new launch as star manager's fund nears hard closure
- Rates rise would derail US housing recovery, says PIMCO star
- Citywire Ratings: uncovering Asia’s newly-rated elite
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Asia Pacific analysis: Nestor's AA rated Ho returns 49% in six months
- Comgest launches new flexible EM fund for Strauss
- Europe’s top brands unfazed by EM slowdown, says growth star
What others are saying
by Nick Tay on Jun 20, 2013 at 00:01