· Citywire Euro Stars Ratings are a derivative of the information ratio, called the Manager Ratio, which uses a benchmark applied at the fund level in house by Citywire and considers all the eligible funds that individual runs.
· Euro Stars Ratings are based upon monthly, three year performance data to the end of September 2012.
· In order to be eligible for a Euro Stars rating, a manager must be active for a minimum of two and a half years with in that period and be active at the end of the period.
· In order to be eligible for a Citywire Euro Stars rating they must be managing a fund that is registered for sale in at least three of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein and Malta.
· Performance is calculated based upon total returns, priced at bid to bid, with income re-invested at the ex-dividend date.
· Once the eligibility criteria above are met, managers with a Citywire Manager Ratio of 0.25 or above gain a rating of A, AA, or the highest AAA. The total number of managers rated is around 9% of the 4652 managers tracked.
Euro Stars news:
Welcome to our fifth edition of Euro Stars, updated as of December 2012. With every new issue comes a new swathe of fund manager talent and this one is no different.
Alongside the consistent managers who make it in year in, year out, our analysis has also uncovered lesser well-known names putting in some impressive risk-adjusted performance.
There have been some changes at the top too with just two of the sector leaders from our June edition retaining their lead.
We're all looking for the next big investment opportunity, doubtless one of these managers will be onto it, it's just a case of finding which one... Happy searching.
About Euro Stars:
The global equity sector is the largest on our database and incorporates a wide variety of manager strategies and styles
We list the best managers of pan-European equity funds along with the best single-country equity fund managers across the continent
North American Equities
We list the fund managers who have proven their worth with strong risk adjusted performance
The UK may be a relatively small country, but it sure packs a punch, benefitting from the global reach of many of its listed companies
Emerging Market Equities
Funds investing in equities from emerging markets have been seeing huge inflows
Asia Pacific Equities
We showcase fund managers operating in some of the world's fastest developing economies such as India and China - as well as Japan
Run by experts with a deep knowledge of their chosen fields, specialist equities can add de-correlation to a portfolio
Despite the low yields from western government bonds, risk aversion has seen investors continue to invest strongly in the bond segment
Leading managers from fixed income sectors, including European sovereign bonds, US treasuries, corporate bonds, convertibles, and high yield
A sector covering mixed asset funds, a simple way for investors to diversify their holdings and minimise volatility with minimum fuss and costs.