F&C launches Alt Ucits real estate fund
Asset management confirms long/short equity strategy intended to capture opportunities in the pan-European property market.
by Chris Sloley on Dec 11, 2012 at 15:21
London-based F&C Asset Management has launched a long/short equity fund designed to capitalise on inefficiencies in the pan-European real estate market.
The company had unveiled plans for the fund in October but this marks its official launch on the Irish Stock Exchange.
In the strategy, the two managers will concentrate on between 20 and 40 pan-European listed real estate securities. They aim to achieve absolute return with low volatility.
Operating a long/short approach is meant to allow Lahaut and Phayre-Mudge the ability to capture movements in the pan-European and underlying property markets.
Commenting on the launch, Phayre-Mudge said: ‘Using our ability and flexibility to take active positions using both long and short positions, we look to take advantage of the excellent opportunities for relative value trading that the low correlation between sectors, countries and companies in real estate provides.’
Lahaut previously ran the Aviva Investors European Real Estate fund between 2003 and 2007. He has 13 years of experience in real estate investing.
Meanwhile, Phayre-Mudge has previously run the Henderson HF Pan European Property Equities fund, this is as well as two property portfolios on behalf of Thames River.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Aviva Investors European Real Estate Sec Fd
- Henderson HF Pan European Property Equities A1 EUR
- Thames River Property Growth & Income Acc EUR B
- Thames River Real Estate Securities A GBP Acc
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- First State property unit in major reshuffle
- Hot money heads for German real estate funds despite recent upsets
- Skagen launches global property fund
- Aberdeen launches German property fund
- Building blocks: top European real estate managers revealed
by Neil Edwards on May 23, 2013 at 15:06