France’s newly-rated fund manager elite revealed
Only a handful of new names have posted performances worthy of a rating in the French market this month.
by Michael Atta-Mensah on Nov 22, 2012 at 14:50
Recent economic news and data coming out of the country haven’t been as favourable as recent months with fears rife that France may slip back into recession.
With that in mind, there are only four managers who have entered the French ratings this month.
Danish-born Rosenkilde has been managing this mandate since June 2009 and returned 33.17% to his investors over this period. It is his risk-adjusted performance which has seen Rosenkilde awarded his first ever French rating, as he is now A rated.
Looking at his performance over the past three years, this return falls slightly to 21.62%, but it remains ahead of his Citywire benchmark, the Markit iBoxx Euro Corporates index, which rose 19.7% over this period.
The main driver of the fund’s performance over this period appears to be drawn from the fund’s exposure to countries not using the euro.
Almost 15% of the fund is invested in euro-denominated US bonds, with a further 9% invested in UK gilts.
Also entering the ratings this month are bond managers Luca Pagni of BNP Paribas, Stuart Edwards from Invesco Perpetual and European equity specialist Martin Skanberg of Schroders. All of whom enter with an A rating.
Elsewhere in the round-up, we find Parus Shah, who has jumped another notch in the ratings.
Shah is lead manager on the Fidelity Funds - European Special Situation fund and has held an A rating since May this year.
In this time his risk-adjusted performance has steadily grown as he started out with an A rating and last month was AA rated.
This month, however, his risk-adjusted performance has reached a significant level and has now received AAA status.
Today's top headlines
- Emerging markets' divi culture is growing, says income manager
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
- RAM eyes new launch as star manager's fund nears hard closure
- Rates rise would derail US housing recovery, says PIMCO star
- Citywire Ratings: uncovering Asia’s newly-rated elite
More about this:
Look up the funds
- DWS Invest Euro Corporate Bonds FC
- Fidelity Funds - European Special Sits A-ACC-EUR
- Parvest Flexible Bond Europe Corporate C
- Invesco Perpetual Global Bond Inc
- Invesco Global Bond A Dist
- Schroder ISF EURO Equity A Acc
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Fresh faces in France's newly rated elite
- Prima! Uncovering Austria’s newly-rated names
- Wunderbar! Newly-rated German managers revealed
- Alt Ucits newly-rated managers revealed
- Voila! France's newly-rated names revealed
- Vorzüglich! Germany’s newly-rated names revealed
- Continental champs: rounding up Europe’s newly-rated names
- Newly-rated Swiss stars revealed
- Complimenti! Pinpointing Italy’s newly-rated elite