FundQuest manager quits to join French rival
The multi-asset manager is reuniting with a former FundQuest colleague at another Paris-based group, Citywire Global can exclusively reveal.
by Atholl Simpson on Nov 16, 2012 at 14:55
Julien Moutier has left FundQuest and is joining Groupama Asset Management after almost 6 years with the French multi-management firm, Citywire Global can reveal.
His departure to one of the group's Paris-based rivals follows the news FundQuest, one of French giant BNP Paribas' affiliates, was restructuring its business to become an advisory firm, as exclusively revealed by Citywire Global in September.
As well as Moutier, it has also been confirmed that FundQuest's European CIO, Christophe Belhomme, left the firm recently.
Moutier, a manager and fund selector, ran a number of multi-manager funds across various asset classes for the French firm, including FundQuest Bond Opportunities , Profilea Monde Multigestion Offensif and Profilea Monde Multigestion Dynamique .
He is joining the fund selection team of Groupama Asset Management and is reuniting with former FundQuest colleague Servane Duforest, the head of Groupama's flexible allocation division, with whom he worked alongside during her time at FundQuest between 2005 and 2008.
Duforest told Citywire Global Moutier will be taking up his new role from 3rd December.
He will be put in charge of the Groupama FP Flexible Allocation , which currently has €310 million in assets and will also be heading up the firm's emerging market debt research.
The fund was previously managed by Dimitri Boismare who left the firm in October.
Today's top headlines
- Global viewpoints: how are fund pickers tapping high yield?
- State Street's global equities chief to exit in major shake-up
- Bernanke's bombshell: top managers split on QE tapering comments
- MFS’s Swanson on Merkel, shale oil and the US ending QE
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
More about this:
Look up the funds
- FundQuest Bond Opportunities PC
- Profilea Monde Multigestion Offensif
- Profilea Monde Multigestion Dynamique
- Groupama FP Flexible Allocation I
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- FundQuest Advisors names CEO
- FundQuest in major restructure
- FundQuest's chief calls time on equity junkies
- BNP Paribas instates US boutique's EMD team
- Credit veteran Krief quits BNP Paribas for rival
by Citywire Research Team on Jun 20, 2013 at 10:22