ING IM appoints new CIO
EXCLUSIVE: Dutch asset manager announces change at the top as part of shake-up in senior roles.
by Chris Sloley on Feb 26, 2013 at 16:34
ING Investment Management has named head of credit investments Hans Stoter as its new chief investment officer, Citywire Global can exclusively reveal.
Stoter had headed up the company’s credit division and also oversaw three global high yield bond funds at the Dutch asset management firm.
He will succeed Mark Weber in the CIO role, who has returned to the US to take up the post of executive vice president of structured assets, loans and alternatives.
The announcement of the change in CIO follows a series of fund manager moves at ING, which saw the bulk of its emerging market debt team join rivals Neuberger Berman last month.
In his new capacity, Stoter will also chair the global investment leadership team, which oversees all the investment teams, investment process and portfolio performances within ING IM’s international investment boutiques.
Assuming Stoter’s previous role of head of credit investments is Tim Dowling. He will remain in ING IM’s New York office and will report directly to Stoter.
Dowling, who is currently part of the US high yield bond team, will also become lead portfolio manager on Stoter’s global high yield bond funds.
Amsterdam-born Stoter currently runs the ING (L) Renta Fund Global High Yield fund and the ING Hoog Dividend Obligatie Fonds on behalf of ING, as well as running the Danske Invest Globale High Yield Obligationer fund on mandate.
Today's top headlines
- RAM eyes new launch as star manager's fund nears hard closure
- Rates rise would derail US housing recovery, says PIMCO star
- Citywire Ratings: uncovering Asia’s newly-rated elite
- Swiss & Global bond star: what lies behind the EMD sell off
- Franklin Templeton takes full control of US alternatives boutique
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Danske Invest Globale High Yield Obligationer
- ING (L) Renta Fund Global High Yield I Hdg Cap EUR
- ING Hoog Dividend Obligatie Fonds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Commodity weakness is not a one-way street says ING's head of EMD
- ING IM wins Lux pension fund mandate
- ING hires top BNP Paribas manager for new fund launch
- Five major names quit ING for Neuberger Berman
by Chris Sloley on Jun 19, 2013 at 13:12