Japan insider: Asian economies propping up US dollar
by Chris Sloley on Nov 09, 2012 at 13:44
BERLIN: The US has no idea how much the strength of its currency is dependent on support from Asia’s two major economies, according to Japan expert Karel van Wolferen.
The commentator and author also discussed how investors in the western world should open their minds to the idea of ‘reverse convergence’, where economic practices in China and Japan become more commonplace.
More about this:
More from us
- African land grab is a myth, says China expert
- Japan’s ‘lost decade’ is nonsense, says Asia expert
- US has a 'loaded gun to its head', says top economist
- Top fund selectors: Don't mess with Draghi
- Top economist: ‘There is nothing left for bonds’
by Matthew Goodburn on May 02, 2013 at 08:01