Malmgren predicts post-election pain in the US
by Amy Williams on Nov 01, 2012 at 14:02
VIDEO: The dire health of the United States economy means it is irrelevant who wins next week’s presidential election, as neither candidate has a proper plan to kick start growth and deal with the 'fiscal cliff'.
That is according to former White House advisor and CEO of Principalis AM Pippa Malmgren, who was speaking at the Citywire Italy Fund Selector Forum held at Lake Garda.
Malmgren said neither candidate would be willing to let their party take on sole responsibility for imposing stringent measures on voters and would only take a necessary course of action with support from the opposition.
More about this:
More from us
- Five routes to default: which one will your country take?
- China edging towards Arab Spring style unrest, says Malmgren
- Citywire Italy 2012: Pippa Malmgren on overcoming uncertainty
- Citywire Switzerland: how to make money and ride political uncertainty
- Cologne comes to a close
- Inflation 'ripping emerging markets to shreds', says Principalis CEO
- Greek corporate debt is a buying opportunity, says leading commentator
by Matthew Goodburn on May 02, 2013 at 08:01