Pictet launches EMD fund for bond chief
The Swiss firm is launching the first fund to be managed by its recently appointed head of emerging corporate bonds.
by Atholl Simpson on Jan 07, 2013 at 11:14
Pictet Asset Management is launching an emerging corporate bond fund which will be managed by its head of emerging corporate bonds Alain Defise.
The bond manager joined the Swiss firm's London office in October last year from JP Morgan Asset Management and this is the first fund launch since he was appointed to his new role.
Prior to joining Pictet, Defise helped oversee around €2 billion across a number of funds alongside Euro Stars A-rated and former co-manager Pierre-Yves Bareau.
The new fund is registered across a number of countries including Luxembourg, Austria, France, Netherlands, Germany and Singapore
Until Defise left the firm, the JPM EM Investment Grade Bond fund returned 18.7% in the 22-month period to date since launch. The JP Morgam EMBI Global index rose 24% in the same period.
Today's top headlines
- Emerging markets' divi culture is growing, says income manager
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
- RAM eyes new launch as star manager's fund nears hard closure
- Rates rise would derail US housing recovery, says PIMCO star
- Citywire Ratings: uncovering Asia’s newly-rated elite
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Pictet's Diana expects fuel efficiency to fire clean energy sector
- Pictet trio buy into Japan’s LNG potential
- JP Morgan bond manager poached by Pictet
- Pictet in major Asia and EMD push
by Nick Tay on Jun 20, 2013 at 00:01