Pictet launches 'quality' global equity fund
Asset management firm targets low risk returns under new strategy for Geneva-based active quant team.
by Chris Sloley on Dec 05, 2012 at 10:16
Pictet Asset Management has launched a global equity fund targeted at investing in high quality companies and offering a low risk return for cautious investors.
The Pictet-Quality Global Equities fund will be run by Laurent Nguyen, head of active quantitative investments and SRI for the Geneva-based firm.
Launched with an initial $25 million in assets, the fund is intended to give investors access to a diversified and defensive global equities portfolio comprised of top quality companies from around the world.
The Geneva-based manager has 15 years of experience in fund management and uses a quant-driven active management style.
A statement by Pictet to announce the launch said: ‘The fund provides investors with the opportunity to benefit from a systematic quantitative process that invests in top quality companies across the globe.’
The fund is Luxembourg-domiciled and registered for sale in Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Singapore.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Pictet's Diana expects fuel efficiency to fire clean energy sector
- Pictet trio buy into Japan’s LNG potential
- Blockbuster manager lowers Brazil exposure
- JP Morgan bond manager poached by Pictet
- Pictet launches EM high dividend fund
- Pictet launches global multi-asset fund
- Pictet strengthens EM team with Indian specialist