Pioneer poaches JP Morgan's alternative credit chief
Investment firm bolsters Boston office with senior hire from rivals, Citywire Global can reveal.
by Chris Sloley on Feb 28, 2013 at 13:15
Pioneer Investments has bolstered its US operations with the hire of JP Morgan’s head of alternative credit, Tom Swaney, Citywire Global understands.
Swaney joined the asset management firm’s Boston office at the end of January and has assumed the role of director of alternative fixed income at Pioneer.
In his previous capacity, Swaney had served as head of alternative credit strategies at JP Morgan since January 2013. During his tenure he had also been a commentator on post-crisis credit opportunities.
He also previously held portfolio management roles at Oppenheimer Funds and served as a senior analyst in fixed income at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
Swaney brings with him 17 years of investment experience. His full role at Pioneer has yet to be disclosed.
Today's top headlines
- Veteran US equity manager exits Legg Mason
- Nordic boutique launches Asia equity fund for latest recruit
- Multi-asset investing: how the top selectors are positioned
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street advances on Fed officials' reassurance
- Valuations of Chinese banks overlook risks, says Templeton BRIC manager
More about this:
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Small cap manager quits Franklin Templeton for Pioneer
- Double hire for Pioneer's European bond team
- Pioneer’s Syzdykov ‘bruised’ by bullish Argentina stance
- Pioneer set to launch four new EM funds
- Talk to me: funds pioneer Sauren gives fresh talent a shot
- Comeback star Matti eyes EM names for future growth
- Pioneer bolsters European equity desk with double hire