Renaissance AM appoints former HSBC sales chief as CEO
Asset manager continues its expansion with a new chief executive at the helm.
by Chris Sloley on Feb 06, 2012 at 09:59
Renaissance Asset Managers has continued its expansion plans into the emerging and frontier markets space with the appointment of Barbara Rupf Bee as chief executive officer.
The appointment of Bee, who joins from HSBC Global Asset Management where she was head of institutional sales, is part of ambitious expansion plans being undertaken by the emerging market specialist.
In her new role, which she takes over from interim CEO, Peter McNulty, Bee will oversee 30 investment professionals and be responsible for the $2.8 billion in assets under management at the emerging market specialists.
In addition to the appointment of Bee, Renaissance unveiled Plamen Monovski as president. The former BlackRock man will combine the new brief with his existing role of chief investment officer.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Renaissance lands two Griffin emerging Europe mandates
- Russia protest echoes 1917, says Renaissance's Monovski
- Renaissance offers gloomy growth forecast for Turkey
- Russia must diversify or growth will stall, says regional expert
- Renaissance express fears over Russian growth
- Griffin sells biggest fund to rival firm
by Chris Sloley on May 17, 2013 at 14:45