The top global high yield managers revealed
Citywire reveals the top performing global high yield bond managers in Europe in our exclusive newly launched manager rankings and ratings for the high yield global bond sector.
by Atholl Simpson on Apr 19, 2010 at 07:01
Our new and updated ratings section now reveals the top European performers in the high yield global bond sector for the first time.
In a field of 28 competitors a trio of managers from AllianceBernstein have been tagged as the joint top performers over five years. Gershon Distenfeld, Douglas Peebles and Paul DeNoon jointly run the AllianceBernstein Global High Yield fund which over the last five years has posted returns of 43% while its LIBOR EUR benchmark rose 16.27% and the average manager in the sector returned 22.7%.
All of the top ten performing managers in the high yield bond sector posted five-year returns above the average manager’s 22.72% figure. They include, in joint sixth position, Putnam Global High Yield Bond fund managers and Paul Scanlon and Stephen Peacher; Per Wehrmann who runs the DWS High Income Bond Fund ; Julius Baer's global high yield bond fund manager Greg Hooper.
The full five year ranking table can be seen here.
Three year returns
When you look at the high yield sector over five years, some different names take up the top spots.
Karina Sirkia from EDM Gestión returned 31.22% over the time period while the average manager posted returns of 6.02% and the LIBOR EUR benchmark rose 9.93%. She runs the Spanish firm’s EDM Credit Portfolio .
In second place is Philipp Good who runs Fisch’s Bond Value fund at Swiss firm Fisch Asset Management while Sparinvest’s Klaus Blaabjerg follows closely with strong returns from the firm’s High Yield Value Bonds fund.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
- AllianceBernstein-Global High Yield Pf A EUR
- G.A. Fund L Bond High Yield Euro Cap
- Schroder ISF Global High Yield EUR Hedged I Acc
- Schroder Selection Glo Srs-Global HY A EUR
- Putnam Global High Yield Bond E EUR
- DWS High Income Bond Fund
- Julius Baer BF Global High Yield-EUR C
- MC FdF High Yield A
- EDM Credit Portfolio Fund
- FISCH Bond Value Fund EUR
- Sparinvest-High Yield Value Bonds EUR I
- Invesco Global High Income I
Look up the fund managers
- Gershon Distenfeld
- Douglas Peebles
- Paul DeNoon
- John Lupton
- Wesley Sparks
- Paul Scanlon
- Stephen Peacher
- Per Wehrmann
- Greg Hopper
- Raimondo Marcialis
- Gianmarco Stanga
- Karina Sirkia
- Philipp Good
- Klaus Blaabjerg
- Claudia Calich
More from us
- European investors gain access to top-ranked global bond manager
- Global bond fund assets surge
- Fund Results: The Citywire verdict on who's hot and who's not
- Three years
- Five years