Top growth manager leaves French boutique
The Citywire A-rated manager has left after almost ten years with the Paris-based firm, Citywire Global can reveal.
by Atholl Simpson on Nov 27, 2012 at 15:22
European equity manager Teresa Watkins has left Comgest after almost a decade with the firm, Citywire Global can reveal.
The Citywire A-rated manager ran Comgest Growth Mid Caps Europe , a €22.6 million fund which she had been managing since November 2008.
British-born Watkins had originally joined the French boutique back in 2003 and her departure follows that of her former co-manager on the European mid cap fund Claire Rodrigue.
A spokesperson for Comgest told Citywire Global that Watkins had left the firm to pursue other personal interests and Eva Fornadi had been named the fund's new lead manager.
Fornadi has been with Comgest since 2005 and was already part of the fund's advisory team prior to Watkins' exit.
The French boutique's 8-strong European equities team currently runs €2.9 billion across a range of funds.
Earlier this year it recruited to new analysts, Pierre Lamelin and Alistair Wittet, who specialise in European equities.
Over the past three years the Comgest Growth Mid Caps Europe has posted returns of 53.1% while its MSCI Europe Mid Cap TR benchmark has risen 30.1%.
Today's top headlines
- Global viewpoints: how are fund pickers tapping high yield?
- State Street's global equities chief to exit in major shake-up
- Bernanke's bombshell: top managers split on QE tapering comments
- MFS’s Swanson on Merkel, shale oil and the US ending QE
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Manager tracker: latest changes revealed
- Summer transfers: latest manager moves revealed
- Comgest launches new flexible EM fund for Strauss
- Europe’s top brands unfazed by EM slowdown, says growth star
- Comgest's Dobler: it's a marathon not a sprint
by Citywire Research Team on Jun 20, 2013 at 10:22