US firm bolsters European presence with multi-fund launch
One of the oldest US asset managers has expanded its fund range to European investors following its acquisition of a rival firm.
by Emily Blewett on Dec 04, 2012 at 15:34
Boston-based firm Eaton Vance, one of the oldest investment management firms in the US, has launched a range of Ireland-domiciled equity funds.
The funds will focus on a macroeconomic approach developed by members of the firm's Hexavest team led by CIO Vital Proulx.
Eaton Vance bought a 49% stake in the Canadian firm Hexavest in June this year, an acquisition that gave the group control of Hexavest's business development outside of Canada.
'By working collaboratively with Eaton Vance, we are able to introduce European investors to what we believe is a unique investment management approach that leverages research, analysis and quantitative tools,' said Proulx.
The newly-launched funds, available in parts of Europe and Asia, span emerging market and developed market equity and include:
- Eaton Vance International (Ireland) Hexavest All-Country Global Equity Fund
- Eaton Vance International (Ireland) Hexavest Global Equity Fund
- Eaton Vance International (Ireland) Hexavest Emerging Markets Fund
- Eaton Vance International (Ireland) Hexavest European Equity Fund
The team's investment style is deemed unique in that it focuses on top-down analysis as opposed to a bottom-up stock-picking in its allocation process.
This is the second entry of Eaton Vance into the European market this year following the firm's earlier launch of two equity strategies.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
More from us
- US firm in double Ucits fund launch
- The best US bond managers under Obama
- US bond manager quits top performing team
by Chris Sloley on May 17, 2013 at 14:45