Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
Broker's 'full house' buy alert is the first since 2009, when shares were nearing their post-financial crisis trough.3 Comments
Gavin Lumsden picks through the pieces of the Citywire Top Trusts portfolio after a rough month for his seven investment trust holdings.8 Comments
Manager of Fundsmith Emerging Equities Trust close to investing all the money he raised last year as buying opportunities emerge in the sell-off.Leave a comment
While this week didn't bring us another Black Monday, it has left stock markets nursing losses with every major index in the red.2 Comments
Shares in British Empire Securities slip to a wide discount as the global value fund drifts towards a third year of underperformance.1 Comment
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- Terry Smith finds his FEET as emerging markets crash
- Carbon credit scam director banned for 15 years
- Henderson's Awdry snaps up Alibaba in China chaos
- The Expert View: Vodafone, Barclays and Hargreaves Lansdown
- Friday Papers: Omega says ‘risk parity’ helped tip market
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street gains ahead of jobs data
- FTSE rallies as Draghi leaves door open to more QE
- Pensioner bond boom doubles NS&I inflows to £5.4bn
- Investors piled into funds ahead of August crash
- High yield and growing dividends? Why Asia could surprise
- Investment Trust Watch: can British Empire strike back?
- Top Trusts: my winners and losers in the crash
- Investment Trust Watch: the rush for UK mid cap
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: my portfolio can't cope!
- Woodford Patient: under the bonnet and beyond the hype
- Market Crash: what happened, what should you do?
- Investment Trust Watch: Asia turmoil adds to Aberdeen’s woes
- What China's troubles mean for investors
- Investment Trust Watch: 'cheap' emerging markets
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: emerging markets nightmare
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
I recently discovered your website, and I am impressed by its quality. The information is easy to access and generally more comprehensive and detailed than on comparable sites. You are doing a very good job.
J.B., Oxfordshire, Citywire Money reader