Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
The huge sell-off in bank shares since the New Year is driven by fears that we could be heading for a Japan-like depression.4 Comments
The main challenge of pension freedom is ensuring you don’t outlast your savings. It’s an even bigger problem when markets are in turmoil.2 Comments
As promised, I'm overhauling my portfolio. I've made my mind up on which shares to sell and am eyeing two funds with the proceeds.7 Comments
Paras Anand says that, unlike previous slumps, this market sell-off presents opportunity to seize on beaten-up areas of the market.3 Comments
Stock market turmoil continues to throw up opportunities as shares in private equity giant 3i Group trade on first discount in three years.1 Comment
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- Sunday Papers: Shell faces $30bn battle to sell assets after BG deal
- Saturday Papers: Uber picks up $200m from Fridman
- Osborne faces backbench 'riot' over pension tax relief reforms
- Tritax Big Box braves the bear to raise £200m
- Starcount stalls and Artemis Alpha suffers
- Care home fund targets 7% yield with flurry of deals
- The Expert View: Rio Tinto, Henderson and Stagecoach
- Overnight Markets: Banking stocks drag Wall Street lower
- Friday Papers: L’Oréal’s luxury arm spurs 9% sales rise
- FTSE sell-off reignites as banks and miners tumble
- Bottom Fishing
- Any matched bettors on the forum?
- Works pension
- petition, re reporting of share trades, interesting
- cash gifts to relatives ?
- Investing in Banks - is it pointless?
- Gifting property share, avoiding tax...a few questions
- Taking pension lump sum could be a killer for your retirement income
- How best to finance a rental property
- water meters good or bad,plus up to date comments regarding water.
- Which SIPP platform ??
- Investment Trust Watch: mighty 3i falls to a discount
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: my sell-off begins
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: time to tear up my portfolio
- Top Trusts: my battle with the New Year crash
- Ben Goldsmith's green investment trust turns red
- Investment Trust Watch: catch a bargain while you can
- Can Monks emerge as the 'safer' Scottish Mortgage?
- Flat rate state pension will cause new political storm
- Investment Trust Watch: New Year opportunities
- Investments for 2016: Citywire writers' picks
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
For an inexperienced investor like myself these articles are like gold dust. Very informative and helpful.
'Young Un', Citywire Money reader