Highlights of the week
Hover your mouse over the stories below
The Greek debt crisis, China's troubles and the VW scandal made it a tough third quarter, but some investment trusts weathered the storm.1 Comment
A dividend cut at BlackRock World Mining looks unavoidable but some investors are buying shares in the battered investment trust.Leave a comment
Citywire Money sister publication Wealth Manager asked seven readers to pick their favourite investment trusts. Here's what they came up with.Leave a comment
I'm not surprised my portfolio is down over the last few months, but I hadn't expected Centrica would be one of my worst performers.21 Comments
Online stockbroker says financial advice arm will no longer cover investment trusts as it moves to 'restricted' model.22 Comments
Ezines and Guides
Investment fact sheets & tools
- What Miton's David Jane looks for in a defensive stock
- Sunday Papers: 'Britain's place in the EU does not matter', says GE chief
- Saturday Papers: Banks braced for extra £15bn PPI bill
- The Expert View: Barratt, Card Factory and Trinity Mirror
- Friday Papers: Capital flight rocks emerging markets
- Overnight Markets: S&P 500, Nasdaq end up ahead of jobs report
- Oil stocks and miners drive FTSE higher as commodities jump
- Mobius’ successor overhauls Templeton Emerging Markets
- Hargreaves Lansdown stops advising on investment trusts
- Garrett-Cox to step down from Alliance Trust board
- Investment Trust Watch: BlackRock's 'shocking' 10% yield
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: I thought Centrica was safe!
- Investment Trust Watch: UK’s worst fund gets Woodford fee
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: bailing out of StanChart
- So when will the Fed raise rates? October, December or 2016?
- Investment Trust Watch: Woodford's glittering Crystal
- Lat Am trusts my worst call yet, but I'm not quitting
- Investment Trust Watch: Micky Breuer-Weil's new fund
- Student property trusts pass the test as income funds
- Investment Trust Watch: can British Empire strike back?
What is Citywire Money?
We're the independent guide to your financial life.
Citywire is my daily fix of financial news...this site is a one stop shop for whatever level of investment knowledge you have, especially if you're time limited, and as a ten year follower I'm still impressed with the quality.
Michael Hellman, Citywire Money reader