Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a404960
About Citywire Money
on Jun 07, 2010 at 19:41
We aim to be the independent guide to your financial life. We want to help you make the best decisions about what to do with your money – whether it’s making sure your family is financially protected or navigating the pensions minefield.
Who we are
Citywire is the brainchild of our chairman Lawrence Lever, formerly financial editor of the Mail on Sunday and assistant City editor of The Times. David Turner, an experienced hand in financial publishing who joined in 2000, is chief executive.
Some other key people: sales and commercial director George Ball, product development director Nick Collard and Richard Lander, head of new media.
A few of our non-executive directors: Mark Wood, former chairman and chief executive of ITN and now chief executive of Future plc. Nicholas Berwin was a top City investment banker who now devotes a lot of his time, free of charge, to the arts. Kevin Gundle runs a business investing in hedge fund fund of funds. He is a driving force behind ARK, the incredible hedge fund charity which raises millions for disadvantaged kids around the world.
In total, around 145 people work at Citywire – if you’re interested ....a nice looking bunch I’m sure you’ll agree.
Many of the people who work here own shares in the company. Thomson Reuters, the world renowned news agency and financial information group, bought a quarter of our company in 2001.
How we make money
The first question you should ask any financial company! All of our content is completely independent. We don't take kickbacks or commission for anything you see on the site. Instead, this is broadly how we earn our keep:
- Advertising and sponsorship on the website
- Advertising and sponsorship in our magazines for financial professionals
- Sponsored events attended by financial professionals
- Fund management companies pay us to license the Citywire Fund Manager Ratings. We never charge them to rate their managers - they only pay us if they want to license the Ratings.
More about this:
More from us
- Fund Manager Ratings
- Citywire Fund Manager Ratings
- Citywire Selection – our guide to the best investment funds for your pension or ISA – and a
- portfolio tool