View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a495336
Broker Roundup: Signet Jewelers and Sportingbet in focus
Signet Jewelers (SIG.L) came into analyst focus, following upbeat first-quarter results, as did Sportingbet (SBT.L) after the bookmaker agreed to buy Australian online rival Centrebet.
Signet Jewelers (SIG.L), a top holding of Alistair Mundy's Investec Cautious Managed fund, came into analyst focus on Friday following upbeat first-quarter results, as did Sportingbet (SBT.L) after the bookmaker agreed to buy Australian online rival Centrebet.
- Citigroup hiked its price target for Signet Jewelers to £35.00p from £33.00p, giving the stock a ‘buy’ rating.
- Investec hiked its price target for Signet Jewelers to £33.00 from £31.00, giving the stock a ‘buy’ rating.
- Altium cut its price target for Sportingbet to 50p from 80p, giving the stock a ‘buy’ rating.
- Investec raised its rating for Sportingbet to ‘hold’ from ‘sell.’
HMV target price cut
Elsewhere, Citigroup cut its price target for HMV Group (HMV.L) to 9p from 18p, giving the stock a ‘hold’ rating. The stock is up 4.5% to 8.5p today.
- JP Morgan cut its price target for United Business Media (UBM.L) to 720p from 740p, giving the stock an ‘overweight’ rating.
- JP Morgan raised its price target for pharmaceutical firm BTG (BGC.L) to 340p from 315p, giving the stock an ‘overweight’ rating.
- Goldman Sachs raised its price target for De La Rue (DLAR.L) to 840P from 750P, giving the stock a ‘neutral’ rating.
Tarsus upgraded – and the rest
- Peel Hunt raised its rating for media firm Tarsus (TRS.L) to ‘buy’ from ‘hold.’
- Peel Hunt began coverage of support services firm Journey Group (JNYJ.L) with a ‘buy’ rating, giving a price target of 4p.
- RBC raised Cairn Energy (CNE.L) price target to 490p from 470p, giving the sector a 'perform' rating.
- Panmure cut its target price for Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGOa.L) to 625p from 725p, giving the stock a ‘buy’ rating.
- Evolution Securities hiked its price target for Electrocomponents (ECM.L), the electronic parts supplier, to 350p, giving the stock a ‘buy’ rating.
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
In association with Aberdeen Asset Management
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Signet Jewelers Ltd (SIG.L)
- Sportingbet PLC (SBT.L)
- Hmv Group PLC (HMV.L)
- British American Tobacco PLC (BATS.L)
- United Business Media (UBM.L)
- BTG Plc (BGC.L)
- De La Rue Plc (DLAR.L)
- Cairn Energy PLC (CNE.L)
- Journey Group PLC (JNYJ.L)
- Tarsus Group PLC (TRS.L)
- Daily Mail And General Trust P L C (DMGOa.L)
- Electrocomponents PLC (ECM.L)
More from us
- BAT lights up Woodford's performance
- BAT brings smile to Woodford's face despite dollar disaster
- Funds duck in and out of United Business Media
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by David Kempton on May 24, 2016 at 17:15