View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a586200
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Daily Express: Profits at BP fell from £3.5 billion to £3 billion in the first quarter to March, sending shares down 33⁄4 pence to 4411⁄4 pence
Galliford Try PLC
- Sage Construction: Galliford Try secures £44 million Anglian Water scheme
- The Wall Street Journal: GlaxoSmithKline and Yale University said on Tuesday that they have established a drug discovery research collaboration to design a potential new class of medicines that degrade disease-causing proteins
Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Seattle Times: Lloyds Banking Group on Tuesday reported a modest net profit of $3.2 million in the first quarter
- The Guardian: Lloyds Banking Group has increased provision for mis-selling payment protection insurance by 12% to £3.6 billion as it reports pre-tax profit of £288 million
- Reuters: Tungsten would consider buying Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group's insurance units but has not made approaches to either bank yet
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Reuters: Danish utility DONG is moving into the British retail energy market through buying Shell's RDSA.l Shell Gas Direct for $48.72 million
- Platts: The US Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement has expressed uncertainty over Shell’s oil drilling programme offshore Alaska this summer
- Reuters: Hindustan Unilever beat market forecasts with a 21% jump in quarterly net profit to $130.4 million
- The Wall Street Journal: Some 13.6% of voters at Xstrata’s annual general meeting voted against re-election of Glencore chief executive Ivan Glasenberg as a non-executive director of the mining company
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- BP PLC
- Galliford Try PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- Daily Express
- Sage Construction
- The Wall Street Journal
- Seattle Times
- The Guardian
- The Wall Street Journal
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01