View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a586502
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- RTTNews: Afren announced the appointment of David Kennedy as managing director Afren Middle East and North Africa
- Reuters: Barclays Bank on Wednesday sold $2 billion of covered bonds in the 144a private placement market
BG Group PLC
- Reuters: BG Group said on Wednesday it and Spanish partner Repsol had started production from the first phase of their Margarita gas field in Bolivia
- Bloomberg: Exco Resources and BG Group are in talks to find a buyer for TGGT Holdings, their US pipeline joint-venture company, in a deal that may be worth as much as $1.4 billion
- Bloomberg: BP and lawyers suing the company over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill won preliminary approval of their proposed settlement from the federal judge in New Orleans overseeing the litigation
- CBS News: A former BP drilling engineer was indicted Wednesday on charges he deleted text messages that indicated the company's blown-out Gulf of Mexico well was spewing far more crude than BP was telling the public
BT Group PLC
- Belfast Telegraph: British Telecom is creating a new state-of-the-art contact centre in Belfast, providing around 120 jobs
First Quantum Minerals
- Reuters: Quarterly operating profit of First Quantum Minerals slid 42% to $120.32 million on lower average copper prices and sales volumes
Galliford Try PLC
- Construction Index: Galliford Try is building a £7 million primary care health centre in Warrington town centre in the UK
- Reuters: GlaxoSmithKline Capital on Wednesday sold $5 billion of senior unsecured notes in a three-part sale
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Bloomberg: HSBC Holdings completed the sale of its US credit card unit to Capital One Financial Corp for a premium of $2.5 billion
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Huffington Post: Environmental groups urged an appeals court on Wednesday to block Shell from drilling 10 new deep-water wells off Alabama's coast
- Reuters: Shell Pipeline, a unit of Shell, plans to begin service in 2013 on the reversal of its Houma-to-Houston pipeline after a successful shipping open season
Vodafone Group PLC
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Afren PLC
- Barclays PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- Galliford Try PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- CBS News
- Belfast Telegraph
- Construction Index
- Huffington Post
- The Australian
- Mining Weekly
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.