View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a596933
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Australian: AstraZeneca has applied breaks on the medical gravy train and is no longer paying for doctors to attend overseas conferences as it tries to combat conflict-of-interest concerns
BG Group PLC
- Reuters: BG Energy Group intends to issue optionally deferrable and junior subordinated capital securities to further strengthen its balance sheet
BT Group PLC
- The Guardian: BT gambles that Premier League deal will pay off faster than broadband
National Grid PLC
- The Guardian: The National Grid has become embroiled in a row with politicians over allegations that it can keep suppliers waiting over 100 days for payments.
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Business World: The Philippines’ energy department is looking to prod Pilipinas Shell Petroleum to conduct an IPO on the local bourse after the local refiner bared plans to upgrade its Batangas facility
- Joy Online: Shell’s Nigeria operation has announced the resumption of attempts to sell its stakes in the three onshore oil blocks
Vodafone Group PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: The future of Cable & Wireless Worldwide is set to be decided on Monday when shareholders vote on a £1 billion takeover bid by Vodafone
- Melodika: Vodafone has joined the upcoming Small Cells World Summit in London from 26-28 June as Lead Operator
- Daily Mail: Xstrata investors want the board to slash the £29 million ‘golden handcuffs’ package boss Mick Davis will receive if he stays on as chief executive following the proposed £57 billion merger with Glencore
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- AstraZeneca PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BT Group PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- The Australian
- The Guardian
- The Guardian
- Business World
- Joy Online
- The Daily Telegraph
- Daily Mail
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 21, 2016 at 17:18