View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a597196
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Wall Street Journal: Barclays has set up a new Taiwan-based equities research team to cover the domestic non-technology sectors and small market capitalisation Hong Kong-listed companies
BG Group PLC
- RTTNews: BG Group on Monday said it issued hybrid bonds totalling $1.57 billion
- Reuters: BP last week began drilling the first well in its concession in the Risha natural gas field in eastern Jordan, the oil major said on Monday
- Trend: Uzbekistan's proven oil reserves in 2011 is estimated at 0.1 billion tonnes (0.6 billion barrels), which corresponds to the figure of 2010, BP said in a report
DS Smith PLC
- ShareCast: The recycled packaging firm, DS Smith, says it has cleared all the hurdles needed to complete its reverse takeover of Swedish giant SCA Packaging
Galliford Try PLC
- H&V: Midlands-based renewable energy specialist Eco2Solar has signed a preferred supplier agreement with Galliford Try to take on its existing solar PV contracts
- Chicago Tribune: GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis AG will get government grants to help develop medicines against pandemics and bioterrorist threats
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Reuters: Fitch Ratings has affirmed HSBC Bank Middle East's Long-term Issuer Default Rating at 'AA-' and downgraded the Viability Rating (VR) to 'bbb' from 'bbb+'
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- The West: Shell's board will visit WA, Australia, to see firsthand some of the growth projects; it is the full board's first visit to Australia
- Bloomberg: Shell, operator of Nigeria’s largest oil fields, said the flaring, or burning, of natural gas at its deposits in the West African country fell by more than 60% in the past nine years
- AllAfrica: Shell Petroleum Development Company has said its Afam VI Combined Cycle Power Plant in Rivers State, Nigeria, delivered some 10 gigawatt hours of electricity into the national grid in May this year
Vodafone Group PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: Vodafone moved closer to taking over Cable & Wireless Worldwide after 88% of investors voted to accept an £1.04 billion offer
- Joy Online: Vodafone UK has reportedly unveiled a new multi-purpose umbrella that could be used to charge a phone, improve phone signal and used as a torch
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- DS Smith PLC
- Galliford Try PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Wall Street Journal
- Chicago Tribune
- The West
- The Daily Telegraph
- Joy Online
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.