View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a609435
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Fox Business: GlaxoSmithKline on Friday announced that it has completed its acquisition of Human Genome Sciences for $3.6 billion
- Bloomberg: GlaxoSmithKline said it submitted two experimental melanoma medicines to regulators in the U.S. and Europe for approval following trials that it deemed successful two months ago
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- stuff.co.nz: Shell made a profit of $162 million from its fields in Taranaki, New Zealand, last year, including the huge but ageing Maui and Kapuni gas fields
Taylor Wimpey PLC
- The Guardian: Taylor Wimpey and London & Quadrant have been picked to build 11,000 new houses in a project worth £300 million
Vodafone Group PLC
- Economic Times: Mobile phone companies, including Vodafone, plan to drag the Indian government to court over recent policy decisions related to the upcoming spectrum auctions
- Fox Business: Vodafone Group said on Friday that on 2 August it purchased 10.5 million of its ordinary shares on the London Stock Exchange via Citigroup Global Markets Ltd. at prices between 189.15 pence and 186.4 pence, which will be held in treasury
- Financial Times: Xstrata is set to report a sharp fall in first-half earnings, reigniting the debate around its valuation, as pressure on Glencore to improve its offer threatens the $60 billion merger between the two
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
- The Guardian
- Economic Times
- Financial Times
- Fox Business
- Fox Business
- Bdaily Business Network
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.