View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a609735
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Reuters: Britain's 18 billion cubic metre Cygnus gas field in the southern North Sea will be developed in a £1.4 billion joint venture between GDF Suez , Centrica and Bayerngas
- Bloomberg: Centrica slid 0.9% to 320.6 pence in London on Monday after Deutsche Bank cut its recommendation on the stock to hold from buy
- Shout: Australia's advertising standards watchdog on Monday handed down a landmark decision relating to Diageo’s Facebook page; says companies must take responsibility for offensive comments or material posted on their pages by the public
DS Smith PLC
- Financial Times: DS Smith is facing reverse takeover challenge
- Southeast Texas Record: The credit reporting service Experian is being sued by a man from Texas, the US, for more than $1 million for inaccuracies in his credit report
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Reuters: Canadian miner First Quantum Minerals has partnered with a Zambian company to develop a new copper mine in central Zambia
- Daily Mail: GlaxoSmithKline is among UK’s biggest listed companies that is pulling money out of European banks and drawing up contingency plans for the break up of the euro
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Reuters: Shell is pulling some of its funds out of European banks over fears stirred by the euro zone's mounting debt crisis
- UPI: A US Supreme Court brief filed by Shell in a case involving alleged rights violations in Nigeria contains "offensive" arguments, an advocacy group said
Tullow Oil PLC
- 2Merkato: Tullow Oil is set to launch drilling activities on its concession in the South Omo region in Ethiopia
- Daily Times: Unilever Malawi is expected to resume production any day this week; the company stopped production couple of months ago due to acute shortage of foreign exchange which hit Malawi
Vodafone Group PLC
- Economic Times: Vodafone may settle tax issue with the Indian government, says Analjit Singh, non-executive chairman of Vodafone India
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Centrica PLC
- Diageo PLC
- DS Smith PLC
- Experian PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Taylor Wimpey PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Financial Times
- Southeast Texas Record
- Daily Mail
- Property Abroad
- Daily Times
- Economic Times
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.