View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a612686
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
BG Group PLC
- Offshore: BG Group has announced the arrival of the first major pre-fabricated modular components to build a liquefied natural gas plant in Gladstone, Australia
- Reuters: TNK-BP, half-owned by BP, has sold two units that control several small West Siberian oil and gas condensate fields for about $450 million
- Chicago Tribune: BP is alerting northwestern Indiana fuel distributors that it's recalling unleaded regular gasoline shipped from its Whiting fuel storage terminal from 13-17 August
- Business Standard: Reliance Industries and BP India are in talks with gas-starved power projects of Andhra Pradesh to supply long-term liquefied natural gas
- 4-traders: TNK-BP is expected to invest as much as $800 million into its Uvat upstream projects in 2012
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Mineweb: First Quantum Minerals has been granted an option to acquire a 51% interest in Empire Mining’s Bursa Licenses
- Fierce Pharma: GlaxoSmithKline says it will close the plant in Thane, Maharashtra, India, operational since 1961; the closure will claim more than 330 jobs
- Zenopa: GlaxoSmithKline has announced plans to progress the development of its asthma treatment mepolizumab based on the success of the clinical programme to date
- Daily Mail: ITV has seen its share price rise by more than half over a year, despite losing viewers to the BBC over the Olympics
Lloyds Group PLC
- DoF Online: Investment banker Investec has dropped its rating on Lloyds Banking to a Hold
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- The Daily Telegraph: Shell will pay Chevron $450 million and swap its interest in two offshore oil fields in Australia in return for Chevron’s interest in the Browse liquefied natural gas project
- Financial Times: Shell is in talks with the US government in an attempt to speed up its planned summer drilling programme in the Arctic by starting work before it has secured its final approvals
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Becker’s Spine Review: Smith & Nephew has sued Exact Surgical, a distributor for Exactech, for $1 million, alleging the company hired a former Smith & Nephew sales representative who violated non-compete agreements
- Bloomberg: ConAgra Foods closed on its $267 million acquisition of the Bertolli and PF Chang's frozen meals businesses; ConAgra announced the deal with previous owner, Unilever, in July
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- ITV PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Unilever PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Chicago Tribune
- Business Standard
- Fierce Pharma
- Daily Mail
- DoF Online
- The Daily Telegraph
- Financial Times
- Becker’s Spine Review
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Jack Gilbert on Oct 25, 2016 at 07:00