View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a614015
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Reuters: BP said it will shut production at all of its Gulf of Mexico oil and gas platforms and evacuate all workers on Sunday in light of Tropical Storm Isaac
- The Daily Telegraph: The Russian oligarchs behind BP's joint venture partner TNK-BP have been forced to once again deny any links to a group of minority shareholders led by Andrei Prokhorov suing the UK oil giant in Siberian courts
HSBC Holdings PLC
- The News: Parties interested in buying the local business operations of HSBC Pakistan have submitted their final due diligence reports to the State Bank of Pakistan
Lloyds Group PLC
- Fox Business: Lonmin has asked its lenders – Lloyds, HSBC and Standard Chartered – to waive a test of banking covenants that it will breach following a collapse of production at its Marikana mine in South Africa
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Daily Mail: Shell paid warlords and militants not to attack its pipelines in the Niger Delta, contributing to armed violence in the troubled region, according to a new report
- LA Times: Shell Alaska has requested an extension in its window for drilling in the Chukchi Sea by slightly less than two weeks beyond the 24 September deadline
- Chicago Tribune: Delays in Iraq's pipeline construction threaten to stall production at Shell's Majnoon oilfield in Iraq for at least three months, forcing the field to miss a 2012 target of 175,000 barrels per day
- Fox Business: Shell plans to evacuate all workers from the eastern Gulf of Mexico on Monday and shut down production there, amid forecasts that Tropical Storm Isaac will intensify as it enters the Gulf and move west
- Bloomberg: A Shell pipeline along Plank Road in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, will be closed until 2 September for inspection and repair
Vodafone Group PLC
- Reuters: Kuwait-based telecoms operator Zain confirmed on Sunday it was close to sealing a deal with Vodafone that would allow the global telecoms group access to its Middle East networks
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
More about this:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- The News
- Fox Business
- Daily Mail
- LA Times
- Chicago Tribune
- Fox Business
Tools from Citywire Money
From the ForumsForums are temporarily down for maintenance.
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Jul 22, 2016 at 16:24