View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a632985
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Reuters: Barclays expects approximately $14 billion in Nigerian debt to become eligible for its emerging market government bond index at the end of the first quarter of 2013
- Reuters: Fitch Ratings has assigned Barclays Bank’s potential issue of contingent capital notes an expected rating of 'BBB-(EXP)'
BG Group PLC
- Reuters: Fitch Ratings has placed BG Energy’s Long-term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of 'A' and Short-term IDR of 'F1' on Rating Watch Negative
- Reuters: The Soviet-born billionaires who share ownership of TNK-BP with partner BP declared an end to a boardroom stalemate on Thursday, a step that could smooth the way to selling the business
- Bloomberg: TNK-BP will invest $58 million in developing a network of filling stations in Ukraine this year and in 2013
- Bloomberg: BP and the lead lawyers representing victims of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill on Thursday asked a judge to approve a proposed $7.8 billion partial settlement of claims
- Reuters: Diageo was close to a deal for a stake in Indian liquor baron Vijay Mallya's United Spirits after months of talks, with a deal likely to be announced as soon as Friday
- Reuters: Experian reported a 6% rise in profit to $563 million in the six months to 30 September, ahead of the $561 million expected by analysts in a company poll
- Reuters: Credit data firm Experian is to spend $110 million on a restructuring programme aimed at reducing costs and increasing its focus on key markets
HSBC Holdings PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: HSBC is at centre of a major HM Revenue and Customs investigation after it opened offshore accounts in Jersey for serious criminals living in this country
Lloyds Group PLC
- Reuters: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services revised its outlook on Lloyds to negative from stable
Premier Oil PLC
- AFP: Iraq on Thursday signed a deal with Russia's Bashneft and Britain's Premier Oil to explore an area believed to hold oil in the country’s southern part
Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC
- 4-traders: Rolls-Royce on Thursday officially opened its new European Marine Technology and Training Centre in Ålesund, Norway
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bloomberg: New Hampshire reached a $35 million settlement with Shell and Sunoco on a lawsuit over claims that the gasoline refiners and manufacturers used chemicals that contaminated groundwater
Tate and Lyle PLC
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- Experian PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Premier Oil PLC
- Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- The Daily Telegraph
- City AM
- Economic Times
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.