View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a633519
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Daily Mail: Barclays is back in the firing line amid claims US prosecutors are probing whether it made improper payments to win a banking licence in Saudi Arabia
- Reuters: BP, shut out of pre-qualification bidding to develop Abu Dhabi's largest onshore oil fields, is hopeful it can be included in the process and is waiting to hear soon on the issue, chief executive Bob Dudley said
BT Group PLC
- Money Management: BT Financial Group has launched BT Wrap Capital Protection, a new product aimed at risk-averse clients that guarantees a "minimum outcome" at the end of an agreed term
- RedOrbit: The three-shot malaria vaccine, which is produced by GlaxoSmithKline and is being tested in seven African nations, was found to be slightly over 30% effective in infants between the ages of six and 12 weeks
Lloyds Group PLC
- The Guardian: Lloyds could shortly find itself the owner of a string of care homes housing many thousands of Britain's most vulnerable elderly residents, as a second wave of financial troubles hits companies linked to failed Southern Cross Healthcare
National Grid PLC
- The Independent: National Grid will reveal that superstorm Sandy caused damage worth an estimated $370 million to its US supply network when announcing its interim results on Thursday
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Reuters: Shell shut its Imo River oil pipeline in Nigeria on 31 October due to damage caused by thieves and deferred 25,000 barrels per day of production, the company's local unit said on Sunday
Vodafone Group PLC
- Bikyamasr: Vodafone Ghana is launching a new service that will allow them to track and manage fleets of vehicles as well as general mobile assets for companies in the latest push for boosting the company’s offerings in Ghana
- Financial Times: Xstrata and Glencore are moving to boost shareholder turnout in an upcoming vote on their proposed merger, as the verdict on the miner and commodity trader’s $80 billion tie-up looks set to be tight
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Daily Mail
- Money Management
- The Guardian
- The Independent
- Financial Times
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Jack Gilbert on Oct 25, 2016 at 07:00