View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a634699
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Daily Telegraph: Barclays is set become only the second bank to sell contingent capital that would be used to rescue the firm if it gets into trouble in future.
- Financial Times: Barclays raised $3 billion on Wednesday via a bond issue that some analysts say could pave the way for similar deals as banks try to meet rules on absorbing losses in a crisis
BT Group PLC
- Financial Times: BT is considering whether to appeal a recent court decision that blocked attempts to force Sky to lower the wholesale price for its sports programming as the telecoms operator considers whether to sell on its own recently acquired sports rights
- Proactive Investors: ITV reported a 4% rise in revenue for the nine months to 30 September and said that it would target £30 million of cost savings this year
- Metal Powder: GKN Powder Metallurgy plans to establish new manufacturing facility for GKN Sinter Metals in Yizheng, Jiangsu, China
- Bloomberg: Prudential, the U.K.’s biggest insurer by market value, said its Asian business is on course to become self-financing by the end of 2013
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Businessweek: Royal Dutch Shell has earmarked more than $20 billion to spend on natural-gas projects through 2015 as profit from extracting, processing and selling the fuel soars
- The Wall Street Journal: Royal Dutch Shell plans to build a 120,000-metric-ton-a-year lubricant blending plant in Indonesia, the company said Wednesday
Tullow Oil PLC
- Fox Business: Tullow Oil on Wednesday said it remains on track to deliver average net production of 80,000 to 84,000 barrels of oil equivalent for the full year
Vodafone Group PLC
- Reuters: Vodafone Group chief Vittorio Colao said he could not rule out an exit from the U.S., a day after posting results showing the Verizon Wireless business there has become the main growth engine for the British group
- Livemint: Vodafone India Ltd posted an increase of 13.3% in revenue during the six months ended 30 September
- The Daily Telegraph: Hedge funds have started buying the voting rights on Xstrata shares in order to force through next week's vote on the miner's £44 billion merger with Glencore
- Bloomberg: Qatar Holding, Xstrata’s second- largest shareholder, is poised to approve Glencore International’s $31.2 billion bid for the company and bonuses for about 70 managers
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BT Group PLC
- Itv PLC
- GKN PLC
- Prudential PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- Financial Times
- Financial Times
- Proactive Investors
- Metal Powder
- The Wall Street Journal
- Fox Business
- The Daily Telegraph
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Michelle McGagh on Feb 28, 2017 at 05:00