View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a635009
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: Barclays’ $3 billion of notes that can be written off in a crisis tumbled in their first day of trading, according to Trace, the bond-price reporting system of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
BG Group PLC
- Fox Business: BG Group has agreed to sell its stake in Argentine natural gas distributor Metrogas, a spokesman for Metrogas confirmed on Thursday
- The Daily Telegraph: BP has pleaded guilty to manslaughter over the deaths of 11 men in the Gulf of Mexico disaster and will pay $4.5 billion in a record settlement with US authorities
BT Group PLC
- Benzinga: BT Group to acquire Tikit Group for approximately $102 million
- Businessweek: GlaxoSmithKline agreed to pay $90 million to settle claims by 37 U.S. states and the District of Columbia that the company illegally promoted the Avandia diabetes medicine
National Grid PLC
- The Independent: National Grid reported a 21% increase in first-half pre-tax profits yesterday and revealed that Superstorm Sandy on the US east coast will cost it around £100 million
Premier Oil PLC
- Businessweek: Premier Oil said delays in starting North Sea fields will hold back production in 2013
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Businessweek: Royal Dutch Shell said its shale gas project in China will require billions of dollars in investment from 2014 before it can supply the domestic market
Vedanta Resources PLC
- Live Mint: Vedanta Resources may cut output at its four-year-old aluminium smelter in India as it grapples with a shortage of raw material
Vodafone Group PLC
- 4-traders: Vodafone India has been awarded spectrum licences in 14 telecom circles in the Indian government's 1800 MHz spectrum auction
- The Guardian: The high-profile £50 billion merger between Xstrata and Glencore took another last-minute twist on Thursday after the surprise decision by Qatar Holding, an influential shareholder, not to back controversial multi-million pound pay packages for key staff
- The Daily Telegraph: Xstrata gave the nod to a rights issue by Lonmin, the platinum miner thrown into crisis by South Africa's strikes, as fellow investors refused to scupper the rescue plan
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Premier Oil PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Fox Business
- The Daily Telegraph
- The Independent
- Live Mint
- The Guardian
- The Daily Telegraph
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01