View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a635370
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Star: Barclays did not make any “illegal payment” to win a banking licence in Saudi Arabia, the bank said in a statement in response to a newspaper report that said US authorities were looking at whether improper payments were made
- Financial Times: BP is believed to be planning a share buyback of at least $4 billion, using the proceeds from the sale of its half of its Russian joint venture to Rosneft
- Benzinga: BP has been notified that it was the successful bidder for four deepwater exploration blocks offshore Nova Scotia, Canada
BT Group PLC
- Investor Daily: BT Financial Group's business-to-business advice support offering, BT Select, is making headway in the independent financial adviser space after only a few months in action
- The Daily Telegraph: Lord McAlpine, the former Conservative Party treasurer, is planning to sue ITV for a figure which could reach £500,000 after the broadcaster inadvertently made public false allegations linking him to child abuse
Vodafone Group PLC
- CIO: Competition has driven Telstra’s network build, the top Australian telco said in response to claims from Vodafone Hutchison Australia's CEO, Bill Morrow, that effective competition does not exist
- Financial Times: Xstrata shareholders are set to gather on Tuesday at meetings in London and Zug in Switzerland to seal a planned $66 billion merger with commodity trader Glencore
News sponsored by:
More about this:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
Tools from Citywire Money
From the ForumsForums are temporarily down for maintenance.
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.