View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a636023
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Reuters: Fitch Ratings has revised the Outlook on Afren’s Long-term Issuer Default Rating to Stable from Negative and affirmed its Long-term IDR and senior unsecured rating at 'B'
BG Group PLC
- IT News: BG Group has set up a centralised planning capability for up to 600 staff in over 20 countries to aid business forecasting
- Bloomberg: TNK-BP can’t sue Igor Lazurenko, former head of logistics, in the UK over its allegations of fraud, a court ruled
- Daily Finance: UGI Corporation has announced that its subsidiary, Flaga GmbH, has reached a definitive agreement to acquire LPG distribution business of BP in Poland
BT Group PLC
- Daily Political: BT Group’s shares had its “neutral” rating restated by analysts at HSBC with target price on the stock set at $3.50
- Vaccine News: The UK has chosen GlaxoSmithKline’s Rotarix vaccine for the nation’s first routine rotavirus immunisation programme for infants and children to protect against the most common cause of severe vomiting and diarrhea
HSBC Holdings PLC
- The Buffalo News: HSBC Bank USA is laying off about 60 workers in downtown Buffalo following a reorganisation last week, with some positions transferred to third-party vendors
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bloomberg: Shell may delay until 2014 a decision on its Arrow LNG venture that’s forecast to cost $20 billion amid rising expenses for energy projects in Australia
- AsiaOne: Shell Deepwater Borneo, a Shell exploration entity based in Brunei, is eyeing the drilling of a well for an offshore exploration block in the Sultanate that was previously deemed "uneconomical"
- Bloomberg: Shell, which has been operating in Malaysia for more than a century, linked its Gumusut-Kakap oil field with production facilities belonging to Murphy Oil to start early output from the deposit
- Fox Business: Shell is confident the US government will approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline extension that will carry crude from western Canada to the US Gulf Coast, its chief financial officer Simon Henry said
- Boston.com: Shire and Boston Children’s Hospital said on Tuesday they will collaborate on researching treatments for rare pediatric diseases
Tullow Oil PLC
- Reuters: Oil and gas explorer Hyperdynamics Corp said it will sell a 40% interest in its primary asset, a license offshore Guinea, to Tullow Oil
- Fox Business: Tullow Oil has agreed to issue 224,955 shares to Petrolin Trading in settlement of a $5 million debt obligation of its subsidiary, Tullow Gabon
Vodafone Group PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: Britain's biggest mobile operator, EE, has accused its rival Vodafone of "misleading" customers by offering them 4G services it will not necessarily be able to deliver
- Financial Times: Xstrata’s investors on Tuesday approved the union of the mining company with Glencore to create a commodities behemoth but voted en masse against a £140 million retention package for Xstrata’s executives
- Financial Times: Sir John Bond, Xstrata’s chairman, is to resign once the merger with Glencore is completed
- The Daily Telegraph: Shareholders in commodity trader Glencore have voted overwhelmingly in favour of its long-awaited takeover of miner Xstrata
- MarketWatch: Shares of Glencore and Xstrata stood out among the biggest gainers in an upbeat UK stock market on Tuesday as they moved closer to completing a high-profile merger
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe’s potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock’s focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent’s vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Afren PLC
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Shire PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- IT News
- Daily Finance
- Daily Political
- Vaccine News
- The Buffalo News
- Fox Business
- Fox Business
- The Daily Telegraph
- Financial Times
- The Daily Telegraph
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.