View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a636338
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
BG Group PLC
- Offshore: BG Group has been a takeover target since its shares lost around 20% after warning on production forecasts at the beginning of the month
- Bloomberg: BP has shut down a system associated with its Chicap pipeline near Mokena, Illinois, U.S., after a spill
- Bloomberg: OAO Rosneft, Russia’s largest oil company, began to receive responses from banks as it seeks to raise about $32.5 billion of loans to fund its acquisition of TNK-BP
- Reuters: TransCanada Corp would pay £131 million for BP’s 40% stake in the Crossfield Gas Storage facility, 50km north of Calgary, Alberta
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Bloomberg: The Zambia Environmental Management Agency approved First Quantum Minerals’s planned $640 million copper project in the southern African nation
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Bloomberg: HSBC Holdings can reap a windfall from its $9.2 billion stake in a Chinese insurer without eroding the bank’s commitment to its most profitable emerging market, analysts said
- Financial Express: HSBC Bangladesh on Wednesday said it executed its first Renminbi denominated cross border export settlement for Avant Garde Fashion, a Dhaka-based company
Imagination Technologies Group PLC
- Financial Times: Imagination Technologies’ bid for chip designer MIPS Technologies hit a potential snag after CEVA, the Nasdaq-listed semiconductor group, made an “unsolicited” cash offer worth $75 million, against $60 million offered by the UK chip designer
Lloyds Group PLC
- The Australian: Lloyds Banking Group, one of the UK's biggest lenders, has appointed insider Paul Gordon as the new head of its loss-making Australian operations
National Grid PLC
- Boston Herald: A group of 10 local unions in the US is suing National Grid after thousands of workers were denied their hard-earned wages for nearly a month
- BBC: National Grid is inviting views on its plans to bring power from offshore wind farms and Wylfa B in the UK into the electricity network in the next 10 to 15 years
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bloomberg: Shell was among the winners of new oil and natural gas blocks in Colombia
- Washington Post: Shell has lifted a month-long production warning on Bonny Light crude exports from Nigeria
- MarketWatch: Shell will invest around $1 billion annually in its upstream business in China to tap into the country's surging natural gas demand, China Daily reported Wednesday
- Reuters: EU antitrust regulators have cleared commodity trader Glencore's $32 billion takeover of Xstrata, virtually sealing the deal to create a mining and trading powerhouse without requiring asset sales
- Daily Mail: Glencore is set to draw up new loyalty bonuses for top Xstrata staff, after investors voted to remove £140 million in payments from the £45 billion merger
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Imagination Technologies Group PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Financial Express
- Financial Times
- The Australian
- Boston Herald
- Washington Post
- Daily Mail
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.