View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a636679
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: Barclays withdrew on Thursday from floor trading on the London Metal Exchange, as the bank reviews its businesses to cut costs
- Daily Mail: Scandal-hit banking giant Barclays is the least trusted brand in Britain, according to a latest research by consumer watchdog Which?
- Reuters: Oil companies BP and Rosneft came closer to sealing their tie-up deal on Thursday, winning Russian government approval for a key part of it and signing a sale and purchase agreement for scrutiny by regulators around the world
- Reuters: Russia's biggest bank Sberbank is in discussions over financing a takeover of oil company TNK-BP by state-controlled major Rosneft
- Reuters: Fitch has maintained TNK-BP International’s 'BBB-' Long-term foreign and local currency Issuer Default Ratings and 'F3' Short-term foreign currency IDR on Rating Watch Negative
BT Group PLC
- 4-traders: BT has launched the first ever trial of a 10Gbps or 'hyper-fast' broadband network in a live working environment at Cornwall based engineering firm Arcol UK
- Jags Report: Nomura reiterated neutral rating on shares of Debenhams with target price fixed at $1.91 on the stock
- ShareCast: Diageo chief Paul Walsh has sold another slice of his stake in the company, reducing his holding to 729,582 shares
- Daily Political: GKN’s stock had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by Societe Generale, with price target set at $3.51 on the stock
- Equities: GlaxoSmithKline has reported that net profit attributable to shareholders for the third quarter ended 30 September was £1.12 billion, or 22.6 pence per diluted share
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Financial Times: HSBC was left holding a more than €410 million block of Amadeus shares after it failed to attract investors for stock in the Spanish IT group sold on behalf of Deutsche Lufthansa and Air France-KLM
Lloyds Group PLC
- Financial Times: Lloyds Banking Group is preparing to sell £1.2 billion of distressed mortgages tied to European real estate, as it continues its push to exit the continental property market
Tullow Oil PLC
- Tullow Oil: Exane BNP Paribas reissued their outperform rating on shares of Tullow Oil; Exane BNP Paribas currently has a $23.93 price target on the stock
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe’s potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock’s focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent’s vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- Debenhams PLC
- Diageo PLC
- GKN PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Daily Mail
- Jags Report
- Daily Political
- Financial Times
- Financial Times
- Tullow Oil
- The Guardian
- Times of India
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.