View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a638751
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Wall Street Journal: Barclays said on Thursday that it would go to U.S. district court to fight fines of nearly $470 million for alleged electricity-market manipulation
- Yahoo News: A malfunction on the gasoline-producing fluidic catalytic cracking unit at BP’s 240,000 barrel-per-day Los Angeles-area refinery in Carson, California, triggered flaring on Thursday
- Bloomberg: BP’s temporary ban from new U.S. government contracts is an additional stain on the oil company’s record that may give competitors an edge in bidding for future federal work
- Reuters: U.S. officials were surprised that BP suggested an agreement would soon be ready to lift a suspension imposed this week on the company's obtaining new federal contracts, a government source said on Thursday
- Reuters: The ban on BP winning any new US government contracts is likely to be relatively short-lived, Fitch Ratings says
BT Group PLC
- The Guardian: The BT Tower, one of London's best-known landmarks, is to be given a new lease of life as a setting for the telecoms company's sports channels when they go live next summer
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Daily Mail: Miner First Quantum said it was ‘surprised and disappointed’ after a £3 billion takeover bid for Inmet Mining was rejected
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Bloomberg: HSBC may end a 14-year quest to build retail banking operations in South Korea by closing or selling branches in Asia’s fourth-largest economy
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bloomberg: Shell plans to issue benchmark debt of at least $5.8 billion in the US
- Chicago Tribune: Shell expects "years and years" of production from oil and natural gas acreage it recently bought from Chesapeake Energy and plans to add more drilling rigs
- Bloomberg: Shell lifted its force majeure on Forcados crude exports as Total SA resumed gas supplies to Nigeria LNG, operator of the largest liquefied natural gas plant in Africa
- Labmate Online: Shire has announced a research collaboration in rare diseases with Fondazione Telethon, a major Italian biomedical charitable foundation
Virgin Media INC
- Financial Times: Virgin Media Business has won the UK’s first contract to provide citywide wireless outside London under the British government’s plans to create a series of “super connected” urban hubs
- Business Report: The Congress of South African Trade Unions will march against labour brokers at an Xstrata mine in North West where 250 workers were expelled, it was said on Thursday
- MarketWatch: The merged company to be formed by Glencore and Xstrata could produce "well over" one million metric tons of copper next year, a senior executive from Xstrata Copper Australia said
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Shire PLC
- Virgin Media Inc
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Wall Street Journal
- Yahoo News
- The Guardian
- Daily Mail
- Chicago Tribune
- Labmate Online
- Financial Times
- Business Report
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Daniel Grote on Sep 29, 2016 at 10:23