View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a639602
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Reuters: Barclays, Credit Suisse and JP Morgan have underwritten a $1.5 billion financing package to back South African mining company Gold Fields' demerger of two gold mines and refinance existing Gold Fields debt
- The Daily Telegraph: Minority shareholders in BP's Russian joint venture TNK-BP have applied to withdraw a $3.2 billion damages claim against BP
- Wall Street Journal: BP has told investors it is raising capital spending to between $24 billion and $27 billion a year in 2014 to 2020 from $19.1 billion last year
- UPI: BP has announced it completed the sale of several assets in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico to Plains Exploration and Production
- Industry Week: BP’s Indonesian subsidiary on Monday said a $12.1 billion deal to expand its liquid natural gas operations in the country has received final approval
- nwi.com: BP is suing five companies associated with a fireproofing material used in its multibillion-dollar modernization project at the Whiting Refinery in the US, claiming the product is defective and causing property damage
- Reuters: GlaxoSmithKline expects to have pivotal clinical trial results on up to 14 medicines in the next two years, including two new products which - if they work - could change the way cancer and heart disease are treated
- Ventures: South Africa’s Aspen Pharmacare has bought a portfolio of 25 medicines from GlaxoSmithKline in a deal worth $263 million
- The Guardian: ITV shares climbed 2.4 pence to 101.3 pence in London on Monday on news of positive viewing figures for the finale of its reality show I'm a Celebrity
Lloyds Group PLC
- Bloomberg: Lloyds Banking Group and Banco Santander’s UK unit cut lending by a combined $10 billion in the UK, central bank data show
- The Guardian: HMV has sold most of its remaining live music assets for £7.3 million to the private equity arm of Lloyds Banking Group
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bloomberg: Shell is expanding plans to make liquefied natural gas a fuel for ships and trucks as the energy producer looks to profit from the cheapness of US gas compared with oil
- The Daily Caller: Shell CEO Peter Voser has argued that hydraulic fracturing — also known as fracking — done in the right way does not cause groundwater pollution
Tullow Oil PLC
- 2merkato: Tullow Oil has announced that it is about to start drilling its first exploration well in Southern Omo in Ethiopia
Vodafone Group PLC
- Smart Company: Vodafone Australia has been given a $2 billion life-line by its international shareholders to help upgrade infrastructure
- TeleGeography: Vodafone Group has announced the creation of a new Group Enterprise unit, which will begin operating from the start of next year
- TeleGeography: Vodafone Ireland plans to roll out fourth-generation (4G) mobile services in the Republic by the summer of 2013
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- ITV PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- Wall Street Journal
- Industry Week
- The Guardian
- The Guardian
- The Daily Caller
- Smart Company
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Daniel Grote on Sep 29, 2016 at 10:23