View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a640516
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Economic Times: Barclays Capital Mauritius has purchased 2.33 million shares of infrastructure firm IVRCL Ltd for around $1.92 million
- FirstPost: Reliance Industries and BP have emerged as the main winners of Egypt’s crude oil supply tenders for 2013, traders said on Wednesday
- Daily News & Analysis: BP said output from the Krishna Godavari basin in India will start reviving from 2017 onward
- Economic Times: Diageo said it would consider buying out the 50% of premium Dutch vodka brand Ketel One it does not already own if it came on the market
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Financial Times: HSBC has struck a $9.4 billion deal to sell its entire 15.6% stake in Ping An Insurance to companies controlled by Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Group
- MSN: HSBC might pay a fine of $1.8 billion as part of a settlement with US law-enforcement agencies over money-laundering lapses, according to several people familiar with the matter
- Fox Business: HSBC Holdings has appointed Peter Boyles chief executive of Global Private Banking with immediate effect, replacing Krishna Patel
- Wall Street Journal: HSBC Bank USA says it will vacate Buffalo's tallest office building next year and relocate about 2,000 employees to other offices
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Reuters: Brazil's antitrust regulator on Wednesday approved a joint venture between the sugar, ethanol and fuel distribution assets of milling group Cosan SA and Shell
- Triple Pundit: Greenpeace has recently amped up its campaign urging the British grocery retailer Waitrose to sever its ties with Shell
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Equities: Smith & Nephew, a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company, has appointed Julie Brown as CFO
Vedanta Resources PLC
- Hindustan Times: Vedanta Aluminium Limited on Wednesday temporarily shut down its one-million-tonne-per-annum alumina refinery in the Indian state of Odisha due to lack of bauxite
- Australian Mining: Xstrata has built a new section of railway in the Southern Highlands in Australia after concerns were raised that its mining operations could damage existing tunnels
- Yahoo: Xstrata has blamed mechanical issues at an acid plant in Mount Isa in north-west Queensland for air quality breaches in the Australian city
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- Economic Times
- Daily News & Analysis
- Economic Times
- Financial Times
- Fox Business
- Wall Street Journal
- Triple Pundit
- Hindustan Times
- Australian Mining
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.