View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a646066
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: Cisco Systems has hired Barclays to find a buyer for Linksys, which makes routers for home wireless access
- Reuters: Barclays has denied that it manipulated electricity markets and predicted in a tersely worded regulatory filing that the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's case, and proposed record penalties, will not hold up in court
- Financial Times: BP is seeking to change the terms of its contract with the Iraqi government for the Rumaila oilfield in a reflection of the challenges facing western oil companies
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- MarketWire: First Quantum Minerals intends to make an offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Inmet Mining for C$5.1 billion
National Grid PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: National Grid has accused the energy regulator Ofgem of making "numerous errors and questionable judgments" in deciding that almost £5 billion should be slashed from the company's £33.5 billion spending plans
- The Daily Mail: Investors in Xstrata, which is merging with Glencore in a £50 billion deal, want the combined firm to boost its corporate governance standards through appointment of truly independent non-executive directors
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 21, 2016 at 17:18