View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a647447
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Daily Telegraph: Barclays is to rewrite its rules on pay and multi-million pound bonuses in an attempt to drive down costs and stop criticisms that the bank incentivised its executives to take the wrong type of risks
- Biz Journals: BP’s settlement with businesses and individuals over the Deepwater Horizon rig disaster and subsequent oil spill has been approved by the U.S. District Court judge overseeing the case
BT Group PLC
- Fox Business: BT Group is to repay £94.8 million in total to British Sky Broadcasting Group, TalkTalk, Virgin Media, Cable & Wireless Worldwide and Verizon Communications for overcharging over wholesale ethernet services, OfCom said on Friday
HSBC Holdings PLC
- South China Morning Post: Reports that a secretive Chinese businessman played a key role in Thai group's plan to buy HSBC's Ping An stake raise fresh questions about the real buyer and the source of funding for the deal
- 4-traders: ITV on Saturday announced that it has agreed to acquire a controlling stake in Gurney Productions, a fast-growing producer of factual entertainment and reality programmes for leading US cable television networks
National Grid PLC
- WPRI: According to the Providence Journal, National Grid customers can expect to pay more for electric and gas in the New Year
- 4-traders: National Grid on Friday said that the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission approved rate case settlements for its Narragansett gas and electric utility businesses, adding that the rate plan should provide enough revenue to support its operations
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Tampa Bay Business Journal: Smith & Nephew’s wound management division will double its sales in the United States, with the planned acquisition of Healthpoint Biotherapeutics
Vedanta Resources PLC
- The Pioneer: A judicial probe has squarely blamed officials of Vedanta Resources-controlled Balco, a Chinese firm SEPCO and its Indian partner GDCL for the September 2009 chimney collapse at an under-construction power plant that killed poor workers in Korba town of the Indian state of Odisa
Vodafone Group PLC
- Times of India: Vodafone has expressed concern over the recent Indian Cabinet decision on spectrum auction, saying compulsory participation in the auctions is "coercive in nature, at an exorbitant price and on unreasonable terms"
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- ITV PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- South China Morning Post
- Times of India
- Biz Journals
- Fox Business
- Tampa Bay Business Journal
- The Pioneer
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01