View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a647525
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: The TNK billionaires, who agreed to sell out of their oil venture with BP for $28 billion, said they plan to invest most of the proceeds in Russia after President Vladimir Putin said he “hoped” they would
- Scotsman: Russian oil giant Rosneft has signed two loan agreements with a group of international banks for $16.8 billion to finance the acquisition of a 50% stake in TNK-BP from BP
- Bloomberg: BP has signed an agreement to supply liquefied natural gas from its Tangguh plant in Indonesia to the country’s state-owned electric utility PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara for 20 years
- Bloomberg: BP and China International United Petroleum & Chemical Co., known as Unipec, bought East Siberia-Pacific Ocean, or ESPO, crude cargoes
- The Daily Telegraph: Diageo has opened a whisky clubhouse in Beijing to meet growing demand
- TopNews: GlaxoSmithKline has recalled Asmol and Ventolin inhalers due to fears they may deliver inconsistent doses
HSBC Holdings PLC
- The Huffington Post: Three Atlanta-area counties have filed a lawsuit claiming that HSBC cost them hundreds of millions of dollars in extra expenses and damage to their tax bases by aggressively signing minorities to housing loans that were likely to fail
- Bloomberg: Petroceltic International, which in August bought Melrose Resources for $267 million, plans to move to the main board of the London Stock Exchange in May
Micro Focus International PLC
- 4-traders: One of the subsidiaries of Micro Focus International has reached a definitive agreement with Progress Software for the acquisition of intellectual property and other assets and the assumption of liabilities associated with Progress's Orbix, Orbacus and Artix software product lines, for a total consideration of $15 million
Virgin Media INC
- Zolmax News: Zacks reaffirmed their neutral rating on shares of Virgin Media with a $38.00 price target on the stock
Vodafone Group PLC
- Zacks: Vodafone India seeks to extend its license for operation in three of its service areas — Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata
- MoneyControl: Vodafone India has expressed concern over government's decision to put on the block all spectrum that is currently being held by telecom operators whose licences are expiring in 2014
Weir Group PLC
- Equities: The Weir Group has announced the lifting of a suspension of UK shale gas exploration
- Wall Street Journal: Xstrata has raised its estimate for the initial cost of a planned copper-and-gold mine in Papua New Guinea; the initial cost will be US$300 million higher than had been estimated
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Micro Focus International PLC
- Virgin Media Inc
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Weir Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- The Huffington Post
- Zolmax News
- Wall Street Journal
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.