View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a647551
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Daily Telegraph: Barclays has emerged as the top investment bank operating in Britain despite calls from some investors for it to dispose of the division
- Forbes: Shares of the SPDR Nuveen Barclays Municipal Bond ETF entered into oversold territory in trading on Thursday, changing hands as low as $24.22 per share
- Bloomberg: Sempra Energy and BP completed a 21-megawatt wind farm in Hawaii, their fifth project together in an agreement to build more than 1,000 megawatts of renewable- power capacity
- Economic Times: India’s market regulator Sebi has sought additional details from Diageo with regard to its $ 990 million open offer for acquiring 26% stake in UB Group firm United Spirits
- Daily Political: Zacks on Thursday reaffirmed “neutral” rating on GlaxoSmithKline stocks, with target price at $46 per share
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Menafin: Middle East North Africa Financial Network - South Korea’s Hyundai has made an offer for the acquisition of the HSBC Holding New York headquarters
- Zee News: HSBC has dismissed allegations of running ‘hawala’, a money laundering racket, in India, saying it took "compliance with the law very seriously"
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- ATM Marketplace: HSBC has said it will join the RBS and NatWest in sending refunds to ATM-users who withdrew cash but forgot to collect it from the machine
- Bloomberg: Noble Corp expects to have its Noble Discoverer rig ready for Shell to resume drilling in Alaska’s Chukchi Sea next year, after fixing issues raised during a US Coast Guard inspection
- Post Gazette: Shell will have another six months to decide whether to locate a large petrochemical facility in Monaca, the US
- Bloomberg: Shell bought three Dubai partials from Phibro, a unit of Occidental Petroleum, as timespreads for the grade widened, indicating increasing demand
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Tampabay Business Journal: Smith & Nephew has completed the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Healthpoint Biotherapeutics at $782 million
- US News: Unilever says it will phase out the use of microplastics by 2015
Vodafone Group PLC
- Rapid TV News: Vodafone Spain has announced that it will cease to transmit television as well as advertising services in order to avoid the tax that the Spanish Government has imposed on RTVE
- Yahoo: Unions say a decision of Thiess and mine owner Xstrata to sack 95 coal miners at Collinsville in north Queensland is unnecessary and greedy
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Daily Telegraph
- Economic Times
- Daily Political
- Zee News
- ATM Marketplace
- Post Gazette
- Tampabay Business Journal
- US News
- Rapid TV News
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01