View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a648124
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: Units of JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs Group and Barclays are among banks that registered as swap dealers under the Dodd-Frank Act that requires higher capital, collateral and trading standards
- Rigzone: BP announced on Wednesday the successful startup of production from its Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea
- StockMarketWire: GlaxoSmithKline chairman Sir Christopher Gent has transferred in 2,513 shares in the company at a price of 1343 pence; the director now holds 73,998 shares in the company
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Trade Finance: HSBC and Intel have established an automated cross-border sweeping structure for the transfer of foreign currencies in China
Legal and General Group PLC
- StockMarketWire: Mike Fairey, Non Executive Director at Legal and General, has bought 1,001 shares in the company at a price of 147.50 pence; the director now holds 27,239 shares in the company
National Grid PLC
- Equities: National Grid has received approval from the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission for rate case settlements of the company's Narragansett gas and electric utility businesses
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Financial Times: Shell is gearing up for a crucial test of its Arctic equipment this month as the oil major’s plans to drill off the north coast of Alaska suffer fresh setbacks
- Wall Street Journal: Shell and emergency responders are preparing to send a salvage crew to an oil rig that ran aground this week off the southern coast of Alaska
Tullow Oil PLC
- StockMarketWire: Graham Martin, Executive Director of Tullow, bought 58 shares in the company on Wednesday at a price of 1394 pence; the Director now holds 1,710,334 shares in the company
Vedanta Resources PLC
- Daily Express: Vedanta Resources shares climbed 65 pence to 1222 pence in London on Wednesday on hopes of global economic recovery
Vodafone Group PLC
- The Daily Telegraph: Vodafone "seriously" considered setting up as a full-scale retail bank, its chief executive Vittorio Colao has revealed
Weir Group PLC
- Scotsman: Weir Group has sold its liquid gas division, LGE Process, to Babcock International for £23 million
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Legal & General Group PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Tullow Oil PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Weir Group PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Trade Finance
- Financial Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Daily Express
- The Daily Telegraph
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01