View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a650160
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
BG Group PLC
- Business Spectator: BG Group may sell several billions of dollars worth of pipeline and utility assets connected to its $20.4 billion liquefied natural gas project in Queensland, Australia, as a result of a leadership change at the gas company
- ABC News: Businesses and individuals who claim BP's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico cost them money have been paid more than $1 billion through the company's class-action settlement
- Business Standard: A few contingent agreements in the $2.1 billion deal between India’s United Spirits and the UK’s Diageo have irked the Indian regulators
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Bloomberg: First Quantum Minerals’s $5.2 billion hostile bid for Inmet Mining will probably fail, based on the track record of Canadian deals over the past 12 years
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Reuters: China's insurance regulator is seeking more information from Ping An Insurance after reviewing HSBC's planned sale of its $9.4 billion stake in China's No.2 insurer to Thailand's CP Group
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- The Guardian: Rolls-Royce has appointed Lord Gold to review anti-corruption procedures following bribery allegations involving the aircraft engine manufacturer in Indonesia and China
- The Daily Telegraph: Shell’s Arctic problems mounted as it emerged that hundreds of gallons of fuel may have leaked during the grounding of its Kulluk rig and the US Interior Secretary branded the company’s mishaps “troubling”.
- Fox News: Shell may have moved an oil rig that ran aground last month in order to avoid $6 million in taxes to Alaska, Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., charged in a letter to the oil behemoth's president
- Times of India: The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and consumer goods company Unilever signed a new partnership agreement on Wednesday that will see them collaborate more closely on mutually beneficial research
Vedanta Resources PLC
- Mining Weekly: Zambia's Konkola Copper Mines, owned by Vedanta Resources, has suspended production at its Chingola openpit mine after the expiry of the contract with its Brazilian mining partner
- Mining Weekly: Xstrata’s copper division has opted out of a farm-in agreement with ASX-listed Argo Exploration, over the junior’s Intercept Hill joint venture, in South Australia
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- BG Group PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Business Spectator
- ABC News
- Business Standard
- The Guardian
- The Daily Telegraph
- Fox News
- Times of India
- Mining Weekly
- Mining Weekly
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.