View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a654995
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- The Guardian: Barclays’ former pay chief Alison Carnwath believed that former chief executive Bob Diamond should have received 'zero' bonus
- BBC: Barclays has said staff at a Salford call centre marked for closure later in the year will be offered jobs in Liverpool or Sunderland
- The Christian Science Monitor: BP and Exxon Mobil are caught on opposite sides of the front line of the oil war between the Iraqi central government and the Iraqi Kurds
- Daily Political: Experian’s stock had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by research analysts at Jefferies Group; a $18.91 target price has been fixed on the stock
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Fox Business: First Quantum Minerals on Wednesday called on Zambia to lift export levies on copper concentrates
- Jags Report: Exane BNP Paribas reaffirmed their underperform rating on shares of GlaxoSmithKline with a $22.06 price target on the stock
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Bloomberg: Prosecutors asked a federal judge to sign off on HSBC’s $1.9 billion settlement of charges that it enabled drug cartels to launder millions of dollars in trafficking proceeds
- Reuters: HSBC pay chair says the bank will claw back some of the past bonuses following anti-money laundering penalties
- Financial Times: HSBC has recruited a panel of experts to beef up its defences against financial crime, two months after the bank was fined almost $2 billion by US authorities
- Bloomberg: HSBC Holdings’s agreement to sell a $7.4 billion stake in Ping An Insurance, China’s second-largest insurer, to Thai billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont is set to expire on Thursday
- Reuters: HSBC Bank Oman posted a 62.7% slump in 2012 net profit to $15.1 million, hurt by integration costs and bad loans
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Financial Times: A Dutch court ruled on Wednesday that a subsidiary of Shell was partly responsible for oil pollution in the Niger Delta
- Reuters: Shell will spend about two years and $410 million to explore the Yuzivska shale gas area in Ukraine and assess its reserves
Vodafone Group PLC
- Economic Times: Vodafone plans to dismiss 650 staff in its Spanish division, labour unions said on Wednesday, lower than the cuts of up to 1,000 initially expected
- Bloomberg: Vodafone Czech Republic AS plans to cut 218 jobs, or about 10% of its workforce, Lidove Noviny reported, citing spokeswoman Alzbeta Houzarova
- LiveMint: Vodafone India has called the spectrum auction guidelines illegal, discriminatory and contrary to the government’s earlier decisions
- Fox Business: Vodafone Group has purchased 5 million of its ordinary shares on the London Stock Exchange from Barclays Capital Securities at 172.6057 pence
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- Experian PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- The Guardian
- The Christian Science Monitor
- Daily Political
- Fox Business
- Jags Report
- Financial Times
- Financial Times
- Economic Times
- Fox Business
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 23, 2016 at 00:01