View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a657528
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Bloomberg: Barclays will cap cash bonuses at $102,000 for staff at its investment bank and defer awards for senior managers, according to a person with knowledge of the plans
- Reuters: Barclays said on Thursday it added 16 new investment representatives to its wealth and investment management division as the British bank expands its presence in the US
- Bloomberg: Absa Group investors, including Africa’s largest pension fund, are questioning the bank’s $2.1 billion all-share offer for Barclays’s Africa assets, saying the lender should use its cash surplus to help finance the deal
- StockMarketWire: Experian CEO Donald Robert has sold post-exercise 552,453 shares in the company at a price of 1103.76 pence; Robert now holds 1,101,685 shares in the company
- KATC: Attorney General Buddy Caldwell filed a lawsuit, on behalf of the state of Louisiana, against GlaxoSmithKline over its illegal promotion of the drugs Paxil, Wellbutrin, Advair, Lamictal, Zofran, Imitrex, Lotronex, Flovent and Valtrex for off-label, non-covered uses in violation of state laws
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Reuters: HSBC will close the accounts of some customers in the Middle East and North Africa with links to sanction-targeted nations, the bank said on Thursday
Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC
- 4-traders: Rolls-Royce Holdings on Thursday said it has been awarded engine type certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency for the Trent XWB that will power the Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
- 4-traders: Shire has purchased 21,800 of its ordinary shares of 5 pence each through both direct purchases of Ordinary Shares and through the purchase of Ordinary Shares underlying ADRs
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Bloomberg: Smith & Nephew’s trading profit, which excludes reorganization and acquisition costs, fell to $272 million in the fourth quarter from $279 million a year earlier
- The Express Tribune: Unilever’s plan to delist one of its Pakistan subsidiaries appears to have hit a snag
Vedanta Resources PLC
- Mining Weekly: Zambia's Konkola Copper Mines, owned by Vedanta Resources, plans to invest $200 million in an abandoned open-pit mine which last produced copper in the 1970s
Virgin Media INC
- Bloomberg: Virgin Media raised $3.65 billion with bonds in dollars and pounds as part of a planned $8.3 billion financing package to help fund its acquisition by John Malone’s Liberty Global
Vodafone Group PLC
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- Experian PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC
- Shire PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Vedanta Resources PLC
- Virgin Media Inc
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Weir Group PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- The Express Tribune
- Mining Weekly
- Wall Street Journal
- Financial Times
- Dominican Today
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums+ Start a new discussion
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.