View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a657923
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Financial Times: Barclays is preparing to cut at least £2 billion from its annual cost base of £20 billion as part of a strategic overhaul to be presented by the bank on Tuesday, say bank insiders and analysts
- The Guardian: Trouble-hit Barclays has admitted making an embarrassing gaffe over the reporting of a lifeline investment in the bank that saved it from seeking a government bailout during the financial crisis of 2008
- The Daily Telegraph: Barclays will begin the process of repairing its damaged reputation on Tuesday, admitting that the "old ways weren't the right way to behave"
- Rigzone: Oceaneering International has announced that it has secured an order from BP Exploration Operating Company to supply umbilicals for BP's Quad 204 field development west of Shetland, the UK
- The Daily Telegraph: Diageo is pouring fresh investment into its gin brands, Gordon's and Tanqueray, to take advantage of a surprise surge in sales of the spirit in hard-hit economies such as Spain and the UK
- Bloomberg: India’s Srei Infrastructure Finance plans to sell shares of United Spirits it got as collateral for lending to Kingfisher Airlines to Diageo; Srei has acquired 4.9 million shares of United Spirits
- Herald Online: Experian Automotive has announced the launch of AutoCheck Triggers, a programme to further empower automotive professionals by providing actionable insights, allowing them to maximise profits, reduce risk and increase their competitive advantage
First Quantum Minerals PLC
- Bloomberg: First Quantum Minerals has extended its hostile $5.1 billion bid for Inmet Mining to 5 pm New York time on 27 February to give it more time to get the necessary regulatory approvals
Imagination Technologies Group PLC
- 4-traders: Imagination Technologies has completed the acquisition of the operating business and certain patent properties of MIPS Technologies as well as license rights to all of the remaining patent properties
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Reuters: Shell said it would alter its terms of SUKO 90, one of the important components of the North Sea Brent market, which govern how forward BFOE (Brent, Forties, Oseberg and Ekofisk) cargoes are traded
- Rigzone: Shell is to sign an agreement next week with Turkish state-owned energy company TPAO covering oil exploration in the western Black Sea region
- AME Info: Middle East Trading, a company under Al Jaber Group, has signed a distribution agreement with Shell Middle East for a second term to distribute Shell lubricants in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Western region
- Philly.com: Shire will pay $48 million to Impax Laboratories to settle litigation between the two drugmakers over delivery of generic Adderall XR
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- Experian PLC
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- Imagination Technologies Group PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Shire PLC
More from us
What others are saying
- Financial Times
- The Guardian
- The Daily Telegraph
- The Daily Telegraph
- Herald Online
- AME Info
Tools from Citywire Money
From the ForumsForums are temporarily down for maintenance.
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Jul 22, 2016 at 16:24