View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a660138
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- 4-traders: Barclays has appointed Nicki Thomson as Head of Business Services for Corporate Banking
- News and Night: A former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner sued by Barclays Bank has sued Barclays over capital loan
- Zee News: BP and Reliance Industries will invest $5 billion in developing untapped gas reserves in the KG-D6 block in India
BT Group PLC
- Galaxy Stocks: BT Group is in discussion to acquire ESPN’s football rights
- Businesswire: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals’ net sales increased 16% in the fourth quarter and profit after tax and before exceptional items gained 7.4%
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Fox Business: HSBC said on Tuesday that its subsidiary HSBC Latin America Holdings U.K. Ltd has entered into an agreement to sell HSBC Bank Panama to Bancolombia for $2.1 billion
Lloyds Group PLC
- 4-traders: Britain's financial regulator fined Lloyds Banking Group £4.3 million ($6.7 million) on Monday for not paying compensation quickly enough to customers wrongly sold insurance on loans and mortgages
National Grid PLC
- Syracuse.com: National Grid has awarded a $300,000 grant to Washington Street Partners for the redevelopment of Merchants Commons, the former Merchants Bank complex in downtown Syracuse
Smith & Nephew PLC
- Law360: Smith & Nephew was targeted in a product liability suit in New York state court on Friday over painful hip replacement
- Jags Report: Shire announced a semiannual dividend on Tuesday of $0.44
- Reuters: Xstrata’s $5.9 billion Tampakan mine in the Philippines has been granted an environmental compliance certificate by the government, the company said on Tuesday
News sponsored by:
Here at BlackRock, we help investors make more out of commodities with a range of innovative, flexible and resilient investment strategies.
From Brazil and Mexico, to Vietnam and Nigeria, the rapidly developing economies of Latin American and frontier markets, which are some of the smaller, less developed economies in the world, provides investors with a wealth of potential opportunities. Discover why BlackRock's investment trust range is well placed to help you make more of these exciting regions.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- BT Group PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- National Grid PLC
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Shire PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- News and Night
- Zee News
- Galaxy Stocks
- Fox Business
- Jags Report
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Oct 21, 2016 at 17:18