View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a660402
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
HSBC Holdings PLC
- Daily Mail: HSBC has scrapped staff bonuses which reward sales and is instead focusing on customer service, in a move which has affected over 20,000 employees, it revealed yesterday
- Jags Report: Goldman Sachs cut shares of Barclays from a buy rating to a neutral rating in a research report sent to investors on Wednesday morning
Weir Group PLC
- 4-traders: Weir Group has extended its leading presence and capabilities in global mining and oil sands markets with the acquisition of a leading Canadian based manufacturer of wear resistant linings
Vodafone Group PLC
- Fox Business: Vodafone said on Wednesday it has purchased the 500,000 of its ordinary shares on the London Stock Exchange from Barclays Capital Securities Ltd. at 162.799 pence, which it intends to hold in treasury
- Business Day: Unilever Nigeria, a consumer goods manufacturer, made its biggest gain in more than five years, as institutional investors bet it was a bargain after a price slump, FBN Capital Limited, said
- Bloomberg: Shire is considering an acquisition that investors would look favourably on, chief executive -designate Flemming Ornskov told analysts
National Grid PLC
- NBC10: National Grid is warning its customers of a new, nationwide utility bill scam
News sponsored by:
After Boris announced he was backing Brexit, sterling suffered its biggest slump in six years. Our Market Mavens discuss. Follow the Market Mavens LinkedIn page for weekly videos, in which our panel of industry experts share their views on financial news
More about this:
Look up the shares
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Barclays PLC
- Weir Group PLC
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Unilever PLC
- Shire PLC
- National Grid PLC
More from us
What others are saying
Tools from Citywire Money
From the ForumsForums are temporarily down for maintenance.
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.
by Gavin Lumsden on Jul 22, 2016 at 16:24