View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/money/article/a661130
Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Telecompaper: Swedish operator Telia has won a contract from AstraZeneca to take over the pharmaceuticals group’s telecommunications support operations, including staff
- Fox Business: Barclays is planning to raise as much as $10.62 billion in capital to help shore up its balance sheet
- The Guardian: The US Justice Department and BP were engaged on Sunday in efforts to forge a last-minute deal to avert a trial over 2010's deadly Deepwater Horizon disaster, set to begin in New Orleans on Monday
- Moneycontrol.com: Diageo may remove the put option clause from its deal with India’s United Spirits, reports CNBC-TV18
- 4-traders: Filtrona has announced the formation of a joint venture with BBM Bommidala Group in the United Arab Emirates to manufacture filters
- kentucky.com: Kentucky's attorney general has joined in the flurry of legal action against GlaxoSmithKline, filing a lawsuit accusing the company of concealing the cardiovascular risks associated with a diabetes drug
- Daily Mail: ITV could announce a special dividend of up to £200 million when it reports full-year results on Wednesday
Lloyds Group PLC
- The Guardian: The loss-making Lloyds Banking Group is giving a £1.4 million bonus, on top of £1 million basic salary, to its chief executive, António Horta-Osório
Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Fox Business: The US Coast Guard identified 16 violations on board the Shell ship, including fire hazards; the findings are raising questions about Shell's ability to safely extract oil in the region
- City AM: Xstrata’s $5.9 billion mining project in the Philippines has been given the green light by the local environment department, removing a key hurdle delaying work on the copper-gold mine
News sponsored by:
Making the most out of Europe's potential means seeing things differently. Learn more about how BlackRock's focused approach to investing in Europe helps investors unlock the continent's vast potential.
In this guide to investment trusts, produced in association with Aberdeen Asset Management, we spoke to many of the leading experts in the field to find out more.
More about this:
Look up the shares
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Barclays PLC
- BP PLC
- Diageo PLC
- Filtrona PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- ITV PLC
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Xstrata PLC
More from us
- Top Stocks
What others are saying
- Fox Business
- The Guardian
- Daily Mail
- The Guardian
- Fox Business
- City AM
Tools from Citywire Money
From the Forums
Weekly email from The Lolly
Get simple, easy ways to make more from your money. Just enter your email address below
An error occured while subscribing your email. Please try again later.
Thank you for registering for your weekly newsletter from The Lolly.
Keep an eye out for us in your inbox, and please add email@example.com to your safe senders list so we don't get junked.